From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
To: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Galene news
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 13:40:07 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

The current tree appears to be solid, so I'm planning to release 0.4 in
the next few days.  If you know of any serious bugs in current master,
please let me know.  The changelog is up-to-date:

  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jech/galene/master/CHANGES

As usual, the server has seen some important work, but the client needs
love.  If you're good at UI development in web apps, please feel free to
fork the client, or, better yet, write a better client from scratch (or
perhaps contribute to Pyrite?).  It's easy:

  https://galene.org/README.FRONTEND.html

During the summer, I've been using Galene on a low-spec Android phone from
2016 (Cortex-A7, 512MB RAM, no video acceleration of any kind).  It works
pretty well, although the phone becomes very hot after 15 minutes or so.
Some people have indicated that it might be worthwile to experiment with
a native client for Galene.  That should be easy too, and I'd be keen on
collaborating:

  https://galene.org/README.PROTOCOL.html

-- Juliusz