From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
To: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.9.1
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2024 14:28:14 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear all,

Galene-0.9 is available by doing

    git clone -b galene-0.9 https://github.com/jech/galene

This version changes the token login flow to force a user interaction in
all cases (even when both username and password are provided) in order to
work around autoplay issues in some browsers.  I happen to prefer the
previous flow, but there is apparently no way to reliably enable autoplay
in all supported browsers without a user interaction.

Since the default client has grown somewhat complex, I've included
a minimal client under static/example, in order to demonstrate how simple
it is to write your own client for Galene.

In other news, I've done some work on the native Android client, which
now has its own web page: https://galene.org/android/

The full changelog follows.

15 July 2024: Galene 0.9.1

  * Added an example client with minimal functionality under static/example.
  * Changed the token login to force a user interaction in order to avoid
    issues with autoplay.
  * Fixed a race condition that would cause the client to run with
    undefined settings if the initial connection was extremely fast.
  * Implemented client-side timeouts (we already had one on the server side).
  * Reduced the server-side timeout.
  * Don't attempt to set the file descriptor limit, since recent versions
    of the Go runtime do it automatically.

-- Juliusz