From: "Rémi Nollet" <nollet@irif.fr>
To: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Server error: illegal group name
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 13:09:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Galene server and was hoping someone could help me.

When I try to connect a group, such as
https://galene.letrec.fun/group/public/
I get two red alert messages :
     Disconnected
and
     The server said: illegal group name.

I see nothing in the console.

This group description in groups/public.json is:

{
   "public": true,
   "op": [{"username":"remi"}],
   "presenter": [{}],
   "max-clients": 100
}

Note that when I try to connect a non-existing group, such as
https://galene.letrec.fun/group/trululu
I get the expected Page not found error.

I am using the last master (7d01f0339b0c195ab5d4b374595a0b2d1838c7ae).

Note also that I recently updated the binary after a long period of
inactivity, so I may be missing a change in the configuration. But after
carefully reading the doc on galene.org, I could not see what I am doing
wrong.

Do you have any idea where my problem might come from?

Thanks in advance,

-- Rémi Nollet