* [Galene] Not working over 4G
@ 2021-03-01 22:52 Rob Dean
From: Rob Dean @ 2021-03-01 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galene

Hi there,

I've just got an installation of Galène working on my VPS.
Big thanks to Sean Dubois for the help and congratulations to the team for
an exciting project. :-))

I'm experimenting with a number of scenarios and use cases. One would be
for the operator to be in the field, broadcasting over 4G.
When I try running a mobile with 4G as the operator, the desktop computers
do not connect to the operator.
As soon as I switch the mobile from 4G to the same WI-FI as the desktops,
the desktop browser's connect and broadcast the operator video from the
mobile *immediately*.

If I have a desktop as the operator, then the mobile will not connect
whilst on 4G either.

Does Galène not currently work in this use case, am jumping the gun, or
have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Rob

* [Galene] Re: Not working over 4G
@ 2021-03-02  6:16 ` Juliusz Chroboczek
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-03-02  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Dean; +Cc: galene

Hi Rob,

> I'm experimenting with a number of scenarios and use cases. One would be
> for the operator to be in the field, broadcasting over 4G.  When I try
> running a mobile with 4G as the operator, the desktop computers do not
> connect to the operator.

What happens?

1. Does the text chat work?

2. Does the mobile work with my instance of Galène (https://galene.org:8443,
then pick the group "public")?

> Does Galène not currently work in this use case, am jumping the gun, or have I
> missed a setting somewhere?

I suspect that the TURN server is not accessible from the 4G network.
What happens when you type

  /relay-test

in the chat?

-- Juliusz