* [Galene] ANNOUNCE: Galène 0.3
@ 2021-02-18 22:00 Juliusz Chroboczek
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-02-18 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
Version 0.3 of the Galène videoconferencing server is available from
git clone -b galene-0.3 https://github.com/jech/galene
For more information about Galène, please see
This version reworks the protocol so it no longer suffers from a race
condition that could, on occasion, lead to dropped audio or video tracks.
It also includes a built-in TURN server, which makes deployment much
simpler in the case where Galène is being run on a publicly accessible
host (not behind NAT).
There are also some user-visible changes, notably the ability to mirror
the video and the ability to view oneself without mirroring, both of which
are useful when using a mirror to stream the lecturer's writing. The
autolock and autokick group options allow automatically locking a group
when no administrators are present, similarly to what common enterprise
videoconferencing systems do.
The complete changelog follows.
18 February 2021: Galène 0.3
* Implemented the command /muteall. This allows muting all users except
* Implemented the autolock and autokick user group options, that cause,
a group to be locked or all users to be kicked out when the last
* Implemented client-side filters that are run over the video before it
is sent to the server. A pair of mirroring filters are provided,
which are useful when using a mirror in front of a webcam.
* Included a built-in TURN server, which drastically simplifies
deployment in common cases.
* Implemented testing of TURN servers, on both the client and the server
side. Connectivity will be checked by the server every 12 hours, and
by the client whenever a user uses the /relay-test command.
* Group configurations are now checked at startup, and any failures are
logged. This implies that it is no longer possible to use undefined
keys in group definition files (this is a breaking change).
* Reworked the client API, which is now simpler and more uniform.
* Subgroups can now be public.
* Added an option to disable the mirror view, which is useful when writing.
* Ported file playback to Firefox.
* We now display a friendly error message when the user has disabled
WebRTC under Firefox.
* Implemented renegotiation of down streams, which reduces the amount of
flicker in the user interface.
* Fixed a number of race conditions that could cause audio tracks to
become muted or video tracks to freeze.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-18 22:01 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-02-18 22:00 [Galene] ANNOUNCE: Galène 0.3 Juliusz Chroboczek
Galène videoconferencing server discussion list archives
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://lists.galene.org/galene
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 galene galene/ https://lists.galene.org/galene \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git