* [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.6
@ 2022-09-10 12:44 Juliusz Chroboczek
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2022-09-10 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
Galene 0.6 is available by doing
git clone -b galene-0.6 https://github.com/jech/galene
For more information about the Galene videoconference server, please see
This version contains a number of protocol changes that are intended to
make it easier to write native (non-web) clients. In particular, the
protocol now carries an explicit version number, so you should get
a useful error message in case the client and the server mismatch.
10 September 2022: Galene 0.6
* Version the protocol: the handshake message now contains a version
number, and the server will warn if it is incorrect. This will become
a hard error in the future.
* Rework the peer-to-peer file transfer protocol. It now lives in
protocol.js, which makes it easy to use by third-party clients.
* Extend the authorization protocol to allow the authorization server to
request that the client fall back to password authorization.
* Make it possible to run the web server on a Unix domain socket.
Thanks to Martin Pépin.
* Check that a given group exists before redirecting from the landing
page. This avoids an unsightly 404 error when the user makes a typo.
* Publish the group name and websocket endpoint in the group status.
This avoids hardwiring the server structure in the client.
* Fix a race condition that could cause chathistory messages to be sent
before the joined status.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-09-10 12:44 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-09-10 12:44 [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.6 Juliusz Chroboczek
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox