* [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.2
@ 2021-01-09 22:59 Juliusz Chroboczek
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-01-09 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2463 bytes --]
Galène 0.2 is now available:
git clone -b galene-0.2 https://github.com/jech/galene
For more information about the Galène videoconference server, please see
The main reason for releasing this version is that it works around an
issue that would cause Galène to fail on 32-bit architectures such as
ARMv7, and an issue that would cause saving to disk to fail on Windows.
There are also a number of new features and refinements, please see the
attached list of changes.
-- Juliusz Chroboczek
9 January 2021: Galène 0.2
* We now work around a limitation of the Go runtime that used to cause
a crash on 32-bit architectures.
* Recording to disk now works on Windows too.
* Error handling has been improved. In particular, group operators now
receive a friendly warning when recording to disk fails for some reason.
* It is now possible to configure a group to use codecs such as VP9 and
H.264. The default is still to use VP8 and Opus, as this yields the
best compatibility across browsers. Only VP8, VP9 and Opus can be
saved to disk.
* The command-line option "-relay-only" can be used to specify that all
media traffic should go through a TURN server.
* It is now possible to generate TURN passwords automatically, which
avoids leaking long-term TURN credentials. See the "credentialType"
value "hmac-sha1" described in README.
* The ICE configuration will now be checked periodically, and new
clients will use an updated configuration.
* The client-server protocol has been reworked to be more symmetric
and more secure. It is now documented in the file README.PROTOCOL.
* The stream abort protocol message is now supported in the client->server
direction, making it possible for the client to reject a stream.
* The delay before sending NACKs has been reduced, which gives a major
boost in video quality.
* The play from disk button is not available when the browser doesn't
support the required API. We used to display a cryptic error message
in that case.
* The command-line option -insecure allows using plain HTTP, which is
useful when running behind a reverse proxy.
* When saving to disk to disk, the keyframe interval has been reduced to 4s.
* We now send keepalives after 55s at most, which should fix issues with
reverse proxies timing out the WebSocket.
[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP Digital Signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-01-09 22:59 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-01-09 22:59 [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.2 Juliusz Chroboczek
Galène videoconferencing server discussion list archives
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://lists.galene.org/galene
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V1 galene galene/ https://lists.galene.org/galene \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git