* [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.7.0
@ 2023-04-10 13:36 Juliusz Chroboczek
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2023-04-10 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
Galene 0.7.0 is available by doing
git clone -b galene-0.7.0 https://github.com/jech/galene
For more information about the Galene videoconference server, please see
The main feature in this version is support for stateful tokens, which
allow to log in without going through the username/password ritual. You
may now say
/invite user 2d
to create a link that allows logging into the current group and will
expire after two days. If the username is an empty string, then the user
will be prompted for a username.
Please see the "/invite", "/reinvite", "/revoke" and "/listtokens"
commands in the online help, and the "unrestricted-tokens" option in the
There are some other more minor tweaks and features. Here's the changelog.
10 April 2023: Galene 0.7.0
* Updated the protocol version to 2. Dates are now represented in
ISO 8601 format, and there is a new "error" field in error messages
that contains a machine-readable identifier.
* Implemented stateful tokens ("invitations").
* Made more errors non-fatal, which makes it possible for the client
to recover in more situations.
* Reworked the progress indicator used during file transfer.
* Added Referrer-Policy and X-Content-Type-Options headers to HTTP
responses (Galene was already generating HTML links with the
"noreferrer" option). Thanks to Alexandre Iooss.
* Fixed a bug in the handling of leave messages. (The bundled client
never sends leave, it just disconnects, so the bug never triggerred.)
* Changed the way simulcast tracks are selected to not depend on the rid.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-04-10 13:36 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2023-04-10 13:36 [Galene] ANNOUNCE: galene-0.7.0 Juliusz Chroboczek
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox