* [Galene] feature request: multiple cameras
@ 2022-05-10 15:24 Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2022-05-10 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galene

I had a conversation with a now veteran A/V person that has been
incorporating hybrid inperson/zoom meetings for the duration of the
covid crisis. We'd struggled with zoom's lack of response to bad
bandwidth on the AMW conference wifi  a lot, and galene came up. The
response was:

"Speaking personally, I dislike Zoom, and I think a lot of the webrtc
solutions have a much better UI. However, for this purpose, Zoom has
one must-have feature, which is the ability to stream from two
"cameras". All the other solutions assume the presentation is coming
from my desktop, which it isn't. I'd love more of the other vendors to
offer this feature; please ask your favourite provider."

So, I'm passing that along.

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC

* [Galene] Re: feature request: multiple cameras
@ 2022-05-10 15:40 ` T H Panton
From: T H Panton @ 2022-05-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Taht; +Cc: galene

I don’t know if this helps, but I did a raspi->galene thing a while back.

Basically it is a thin layer on the raspi camera hardware that speaks whip/wish to galene.

Galene treats it as a send only A/V source.

Https://github.com/pipe/whipi

Tim

@ 2022-05-10 18:20 ` Juliusz Chroboczek
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2022-05-10 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Taht; +Cc: galene

> "Speaking personally, I dislike Zoom, and I think a lot of the webrtc
> solutions have a much better UI. However, for this purpose, Zoom has
> one must-have feature, which is the ability to stream from two
> "cameras". All the other solutions assume the presentation is coming
> from my desktop, which it isn't. I'd love more of the other vendors to
> offer this feature; please ask your favourite provider."

I'd really appreciate a clarification.

Galene allows you to select the camera you use.  If you need to use
multiple cameras simultaneously, you just login from two different
browser tabs, and select different cameras in the two tabs.

What exactly is missing?  The ability to use two cameras in a single tab?

-- Juliusz