From: Sean DuBois <sean@siobud.com>
To: Luca Muscariello <muscariello@ieee.org>
Cc: Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com>,
	bloat <bloat@lists.bufferbloat.net>,
	galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Re: [Bloat] testing latency under load on webrtc with galene?
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 11:09:27 -0800	[thread overview]

I would really love to build a general WebRTC tester. Spinning up lots of
Chromium instances is super expensive. Even if you do the mock webcam
you are doing way more then needed.

I created[0] which spins up many PeerConnections to load test a server.
I think this would be a great alternative to the testing that exists
today.

* You can send pre-encoded video or RTP packets directly.
* You can receive RTP and not pay the costs of processing
* You get direct access to Receiver Reports, Transport Wide Congestion
  Control and Receiver Estimated Max Bandwidth.
* Way easier to deploy. We can build a small static binary.

If anyone is interested would love to help them kick off a project. We
can make it general enough to test Galene, Janus, Jitsi, Ion etc... If
it gets acceptance from the greater WebRTC community it could really
grow!

[0] https://github.com/pion/rtsp-bench/blob/master/client/main.go