From: Miroslav <miroslav@lukic.ovh>
To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
Cc: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Re: Recording in v0.61
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 22:14:00 +0100	[thread overview]

Miroslav
Le 08/12/2022 à 19:47, Juliusz Chroboczek a écrit :
>>> That may happen after a keyframe, if the congestion controller indicates
>>> that there isn't enough throughput available to send the whole keyframe.
>>> This is more visible when recording, since recording causes extra keyframes.
>> Do you think it could be possible to improve the recording reliability for
>> low internet connections in future versions of Galene ?
> The obvious solution would be to implement client-side recording, so that
> the sender can record a high-quality video before it is sent through the
> low-bandwidth link.  Would that solve your problem?
Yes it could solve the problem of video recording quality and hopefully
improve recording reliabilty.

>> Sorry if I say stupid things (I am not a computer scientist) but I have
>> seen an other videoconferencing tool using a web front end (= no
>> application to download on your PC) and the video is stored in the browser
>> and sent to the server on the go.
> That looks like client-side recording.
Yes

>>> There's one already.  Just go to
>>>     https://galene.example.org:8443/recordings/groupname/
>> Sorry but I only have a "delete" button. I've opened the
>> /recordings/groupname/ link with Chromium and Chrome same result.
> I'm confused.  Every video file is a link to the video, you may
> right-click and select « record as ».  Another solution is to use
> a download manager (I use lftp, but that's somewhat too geeky for most
> people).
>
> What is it exactly that you need ?  A « Download » button for each file so
> that you don't need to right-click ?  Or a single « Download » button that
> downloads the whole directory as a Zip file ?

Reading you're message I just realise that the right click works and I
have never tried :-) . What confused me is that the message on the right
click is "save link as" and not "record as". Sorry for that.

Maybe a "download" button could help.

Up to now I use to download my files via ssh ... I like the right click
better !