* [Galene] Is Go 1.15 old enough?
@ 2021-10-30 13:30 Juliusz Chroboczek
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-10-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galene

Hi,

The library that I'm using for token autentication depends on Go 1.15.
This means that it won't be possible to compile Galene with Go 1.13 or
1.14 any longer without some patching.

Is that okay with everyone?  If not, I could possibly work around the
issue, but it won't be trivial, Go's conditional compilation is nowhere
near flexible enough.

-- Juliusz

* [Galene] Re: Is Go 1.15 old enough?
@ 2021-10-30 14:09 ` Dave Taht
From: Dave Taht @ 2021-10-30 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juliusz Chroboczek; +Cc: galene

LGTM.

I didn't know before you posted, btw, that go 1.17 had switched to a
register based calling convention.

https://golang.org/doc/go1.17

--
Fixing Starlink's Latencies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9gLo6Xrwgw

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC

* [Galene] Re: Is Go 1.15 old enough?
@ 2021-10-30 14:22   ` HWJ
From: HWJ @ 2021-10-30 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galene

> The library that I'm using for token autentication depends on Go 1.15.
> This means that it won't be possible to compile Galene with Go 1.13 or
> 1.14 any longer without some patching.

SGTM.