Galène videoconferencing server discussion list archives
* [Galene] Re: Installation on a VPS with Apache server
       [not found] <CAMTAxEBQwq_eMEXoSdiToJb1D2xr5-knkh4xA984fpmvJQyi3w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-04-26 16:31 ` Juliusz Chroboczek
       [not found] ` <CAMDxYEdZam9_UKTi9r=rNqPZvV1iYwt1khvCj3jNweBasK5E0Q@mail.gmail.com>
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-04-26 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Carrandié; +Cc: galene

> After searching on the different readme available, on the Github issues or
> on this mailing-list, I couldntt find any info on how to install an Galène
> instance on an Apache server

Galène acts as a standalone HTTPS server, it does not rely on a separate
web server.  On galene.org, we run a stock web server on port 443 (static
files only), and a standalone instance of Galène on port 8443.

Some people prefer to run Galène behind a reverse proxy (a web server
acting as a reverse proxy).  While not the recommended mode of operation,
this is a perfectly legitimate choice.

> What are the prerequisites ? required mods...

If you run Galène as a standalone server (the recommended mode of operation),
there are no prerequisites, the web server does not even need to be aware
of Galène.

If you run Galène behind a reverse proxy, then you need whatever
implementation of a reverse proxy your web server requires.  In the case
of Apache, this is "mod_proxy", I believe.  You'll probably want to run
Galène with the "-insecure" option, in order to simplify configuration.

-- Juliusz

@ 2021-04-26 16:32   ` Juliusz Chroboczek
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2021-04-26 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Fourc; +Cc: galene

> here in my site-config file.

Judging from this file, it looks like you're running Galène with some
non-default options.  At the very least, "-http :3000 -insecure".

-- Juliusz