Galène videoconferencing server discussion list archives
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [Galene] CSS cleanup
@ 2026-10-04 14:33 Valent@MeshPoint
  2026-10-04 20:36 ` [Galene] " Juliusz Chroboczek
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Valent@MeshPoint @ 2026-10-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: galene@lists.galene.org

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 640 bytes --]

Hi Juliusz and list,

I started to clean up the CSS. Let me know if this PR makes sense as a 
first step: it groups all z-index values in one place, so they're not 
scattered all over galene.css:
https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/337

I also sent a second one for the sidebarnav. Its width was set in the 
.js file, so I moved it into galene.css so all numbers for adjusting the 
UI/UX experience is in one place:
https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/338

I tested both patched independently and then together, but test them 
also on your systems.

Any comments and constructive feedback is welcome.

Best regards,
Valent

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1843 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* [Galene] Re: CSS cleanup
  2026-10-04 14:33 [Galene] CSS cleanup Valent@MeshPoint
@ 2026-10-04 20:36 ` Juliusz Chroboczek
  2026-10-04 23:10   ` Valent@MeshPoint
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Juliusz Chroboczek @ 2026-10-04 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valent@MeshPoint; +Cc: galene@lists.galene.org

Hello Valent.

> https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/337
> https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/338

I've merged both PRs, in the opposite order (since #338 was easier to
review) and after linearising your history.  They're live at galene.org.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* [Galene] Re: CSS cleanup
  2026-10-04 20:36 ` [Galene] " Juliusz Chroboczek
@ 2026-10-04 23:10   ` Valent@MeshPoint
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Valent@MeshPoint @ 2026-10-04 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juliusz Chroboczek; +Cc: galene@lists.galene.org

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1198 bytes --]

Hi Juliusz,

Thank you, that is great to hear.

This next PR fixes the layout below the top bar when the font size 
changes. I also added a comment explaining how the height is calculated. 
Please let me know if you prefer a shorter comment or no comments at 
all.

https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/339

I tested this change on Galene running locally.

I just noticed that I made the same mistake again, I opened this PR from 
my fork’s master after merging the patch there, so it includes an extra 
merge commit. Sorry about that. Next time I’ll open the PR directly from 
a separate branch, with only the patch commit.

Best regards,
Valent



------ Original Message ------
From "Juliusz Chroboczek" <jch@irif.fr>
To "Valent@MeshPoint" <valent@meshpointone.com>
Cc "galene@lists.galene.org" <galene@lists.galene.org>
Date 4.10.2026. 22:36:12
Subject Re: [Galene] CSS cleanup

>Hello Valent.
>
>>https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/337
>>https://github.com/jech/galene/pull/338
>
>I've merged both PRs, in the opposite order (since #338 was easier to
>review) and after linearising your history.  They're live at galene.org.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-- Juliusz

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 4680 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2026-10-04 23:10 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz follow: Atom feed
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2026-10-04 14:33 [Galene] CSS cleanup Valent@MeshPoint
2026-10-04 20:36 ` [Galene] " Juliusz Chroboczek
2026-10-04 23:10   ` Valent@MeshPoint

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox