From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
To: Fabrice Rouillier <fabrice@rouillier.fr>
Cc: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Re: Galene & Raspberry
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:11:07 +0200	[thread overview]

> In particular, compared with the situation with a 32 bit OS and
> a default configuration for the wireless :
>
> - the clients connect much more quickly
> - the charge of the RPI stays very low (with 4 people connected the
>   change of each core did stay below 15% while it was more than 50% with
>   my previous settings)

I've just taken some profiles on a 32-bit ARM board (ARMv7 with NEON).
The RSA handshake is very slow (big integer multiplication appears to be
prohibitive on that arch), which would explain why it takes so long to
connect.  I'm also seeing some minor noise (on the order of 2.5% CPU time)
due to Go's emulation of 64-bit atomic operations, I should probably
switch to protecting the data with a mutex instead.

Suprisingly, I don't see much CPU time in AES encryption, so it looks like
the software implementation of AES is fairly efficient.  So I have no
explanation for the high CPU time after connection.

-- Juliusz