From: Fabrice Rouillier <fabrice@rouillier.fr>
To: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
Cc: galene@lists.galene.org
Subject: [Galene] Re: Galene & Raspberry
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:07:54 +0200	[thread overview]

> Please explain, that's not clear to me.

When using the embedded navigator of OBS, I crop the slides and cameras in the navigator window.
If there are 3 webcams and one slide, they all have the same size and I need to set the resolution of the navigator window to 4K in order to have a decent resolution for the slides

When not using the embedded navigator of OBS, I can use any external navigator and capture windows using OBS.
This allows me to :
1 - use the pip to detach the slides, enlarge the pip and capture the pip window in OBS
2 - capture the webcams by cropping the navigator window

In the first solution, it seems that the frame rate of the output of OBS (or probably the frame rate in the OBS navigator) decrease to something between 15 and 20 image per second on a virtual machine with 8 core (charge around 50%). I can not be sure for the frame rate in the navigator window since I access by VNC to the machine (the goal is to have a machine in the cloud for the streaming so that anybody can launch the stream from anywhere)

Fabrice.