From: Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com>
To: Shevek <shevek@anarres.org>,
	galene@lists.galene.org, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@irif.fr>
Subject: [Galene] feature: two cameras for galene
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 14:58:33 -0700	[thread overview]

Dear Juliusz:

I cc shevek  here so I don't stay in the middle. The specific
part of his complex answer is that

> In Zoom, Present, Advanced, Use secondary camera as presentation source,
> then some ugly piece of UI to choose the correct secondary camera, then
> you're presenting two cameras.

A bit more below. He had done a fine job with the recent asilomar
computer conference,
but the congestion control weaknesses of zoom at such limited
bandwidths had tweaked me,
AND I totally didn't understand how complicated the setup had to be to
serve both the needs
of those at the conference and those remote, until now. (and still don't!)

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC